Muri helps several local projects obtain funding in capital budget
During the 2016 session, lawmakers made adjustments to the two-year spending plans approved in 2015. The modifications to the capital budget were approved by the Legislature on March 29. In Olympia today, the governor signed the supplemental capital budget. This budget includes several local area projects for the 28th District. Rep. Dick Muri, R-Steilacoom, helped to secure funding for many of these improvement and construction items.
“Making sure local projects are funded is one of the most important tasks we have as legislators,” said Muri. “Each of these capital budget projects approved for our district are the direct result of teamwork and effort. From important renovations and construction at Western State Hospital, to clean water efforts in Lakewood, to making an investment at McChord Field – I’m pleased to see money coming to the 28th District for these important community improvements.”
The capital budget is often called the “bricks and mortar” budget because it pays for public facilities, including the construction at colleges, prisons and state buildings. This budget invests in many infrastructure projects throughout our state.
Local projects for the 28th District approved in the supplemental capital budget include:
- $450,000 for the Child Study and Treatment Center
- $500,000 for the Emergency Management Division (EMD’s) UPS Replacement
- $1.95 million for Minor Works Program Projects at Western State Hospital
- $450,000 for Western State Hospital’s new Civil Ward
- $950,000 for competency restoration at Western State Hospital
- $21,000 for renovation at the Dupont Historical Museum
- $257,000 to pave and strip the parking lot at Fort Steilacoom Park
- $1.5 million for the Pierce County Health Home
- $200,000 for the Asia Pacific Cultural Center
- $1.5 million for the Water Treatment Plant (Lakewood)
- $50,000 for the JBLM North Clear Zone
House Bill 2380 passed the House 86-9 and the Senate 38-5.
For more information about Rep. Muri, visit: www.representativedickmuri.com.
Rep. Muri’s media:
Washington State House Republican Communications
461 John L. O’Brien Building
P.O. Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504-0600
###Washington State House Republican Communications